This Saturday was meant to be day when London celebrated it’s very first ‘Cinco de Mayo Fest‘ as part of La Linea Festival. A festivity that has become an important date throughout the USA, and the world to celebrate Mexican culture.
La Linea was postponed to the autumn and whilst initially the Cinco Fest was cancelled, the Mexican community has come together to present:
Cinco de Mayo at Home! A celebration of border culture
A celebration of Mex-USA border culture
2 May 2020 – 12pm to 12am
Artists will perform from home in LIVE insta sessions, talks, cooking & cocktail alongs and family fun will all be provided by UK talent full of Mexican love.
Breaking down borders, the festival will honour the melting pot of Mexican and USA culture that is a vibrant part of so many people’s daily life: it’s music, it’s flavours, it’s worries.
– DJ sessions from Ernesto Valero and more TBA, Live music from Ingrid Rueda, Jari Castillo and more…
– Folk dancing by Mestizo Mexican Folklore Group London – Hortensia Celis & Colibri Mexican Folkdance UK .
– Children & adult workshops by HAPPI, Mexikitsch & Katapixia’s art and recycling.
– Cooking alongs by La Cocina Medrano, Taco Collective and Karla Zazueta Mexican Food Memories.
– Talks by Piastro Mexican Kitchen, Marisa Polin, David Bridge Collins & Jon Anders.
– Cocktail making workshop by Tequila & Mezcal Fest
– Brewery tour of Loba Beer UK Brewery in Mexico.
– Competitions by Maiz Azul, Loba Beer, Mexican Mama and more from Mex & the City
Full schedule TBA very soon…
The festival will be raising funds for https://www.savethechildren.org/…/emergenc…/us-border-crisis
When you visit any web site, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. Control your personal Cookie Services here.